linux-2.6.0 and Asus P4P800-VM motherboard

From: Lieven Marchand
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 04:51:22 EST

Hi,

with the Asus P4P800-VM motherboard, linux 2.6.0 crashes at boot in
the pnpbios routines. It will boot with the pnpbios=off parameter.

The kernel crashes with an invalid EIP so there's no stack trace. I've
added printk's to the code to see what it was doing and it goes wrong
in the initial build_devlist. pnp_bios_get_dev_node gets called in a
loop and it succeeds for the first nodenumbers but it crashes for
nodenumber 0x6.

pnp_bios_get_dev_node gets called with PNPMODE_DYNAMIC.

I've flashed the bios to the latest version available.

Any ideas on what to do to get this thing working?