Re: 2.6.0: atyfb broken

From: Claas Langbehn
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 11:36:47 EST

Hello Daniël,

(the follwing is made with 2.4.23:)

at first I want to thank you again for helping me to debug this bug.
After you left irc, i continued to debug, with the following results:

First, I need to enable CONFIG_FB_ATY_GENERIC_LCD. But I dont need
to patch it. around the hack for Geerts notebook.

Second, I need to enable "Video Expansion" in system bios.
(At lower resolutions, video is expanded to cover the entire LCD)

If I dont enable Video Expansion, the 640x480-60 and 800x600-60
resolutions are broken. Repairing by pressing Fn-F5 is possible,
though. In that case booting with video=atyfb:1024x768-8@60 helped
to get at least that resolution working.

Have a look at my debugging logs 10.log - 16.log at
http://www.rootdir.de/files/atyfb/.

regards, claas