Re: 2.6.0: atyfb broken

From: Claas Langbehn
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 19:53:47 EST

Hello Daniël!

> What to do?
>
> The best thing you can try is to connect a CRT. Its a handy tool (it
> eats any video mode, including wrong ones) to check if the driver does
> something wrong. Use it to inspect geometry and the horizontal & vertical
> refresh rates. The CRT should dislay 1024x768 60 Hz in all resolutions
> (unless you switch off the LCD display).
>
> Compile Atyfb as module. Use fbset to switch video modes blindly. Check
> the following modes: 640x400, 640x480, 1024x768.

Okay, the external monitor was a good idea.
I can boot with the external monitor and atyfb.

when I do fbset 1024x768-60, then the screen gets distorted, then I hit
Fn + F5 (Monitor selection) several times, and finally I get a working
picture.

So tell me how we can do register debuggig.

Regards, claas