Re: IDE performance drop between 2.4.23 and 2.6.0 - pinpointed!

From: szonyi calin
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 17:47:35 EST

--- Pawel Dziekonski <pawel.dziekonski@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit : >
hi,

> same problem here however it seems that i have pinpointed it
> )at least
> for me):

from the manpage of hdparm:
-t Perform timings of device reads for benchmark and
compari-
son purposes. For meaningful results, this
operation
should be repeated 2-3 times on an otherwise
inactive sys-
tem (no other active processes) with at least a
couple of
megabytes of free memory.

if the above conditions are not met your test is irrelevant

=====
--
A mouse is a device used to point at
the xterm you want to type in.