Re: [patch against 2.6.1-rc1-mm1] replace check_region with request_region in isp16.c

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 14:17:10 EST

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 06:06:20PM +0100, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
> > One thing that surprised me was that the isp16 driver does not seem to
> > ever call request_region, it only ever calls check_region which
> confuses
> > me a bit - wouldn't it need to (also with older kernels) always call
> > request_region ?
>
> I think so. It looks broken as it was, playing with the IO region
> without requesting it first. Is anyone actually using this driver?
>
> > I would appreciate it is someone could take a quick look at the patch
> and
> > verify that it does the correct thing.
>
> Looks correct to me.

Thank you for looking at it, but I don't think I'll be taking it any
further since (as Petri Koistinen pointed out) Omkhar Arasaratnam seems to
already have a patch for this.

Guess I should have searched the LKML archives more thoroughly before
digging into this.. Oh well, I'll just go look at some other bits..

/Jesper Juhl