dev_add_pack() & calling functions that can sleep

From: jnf
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 21:33:35 EST

Hello,

I've been mucking around in my network stack some as of late, trying to
get a feel for how it works, etc. I've just about got the hang of it, but
I am having an issue in one area.

Now as I understand it, when i add a callback routine via dev_add_pack,
that callback routine gets called in an interupt context and thus i cannot
call any functions that sleep. Is there any way around this? I'm wanting
after my callback routine has been called, as it finishes to call a
function that has parts that can in fact sleep. But because of the
contexts of everything I cannot figure a way to do this. Any help would be
appreciated.

cheers,
jnf