Synaptics 3button emulation hosed in 2.6.0-mm2

From: Dax Kelson
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 01:28:51 EST

Brief summary: 3 button emulation very flaky
Linux: Fedora with 2.6.0-mm2
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 4150

----------------------------
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
synaptics reset failed
synaptics reset failed
synaptics reset failed
Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
Firmware: 5.9
180 degree mounted touchpad
Sensor: 27
new absolute packet format
Touchpad has extended capability bits
-> multifinger detection
-> palm detection
-> pass-through port
input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1
serio: Synaptics pass-through port at isa0060/serio1/input0
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver resynced.
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver resynced.
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver lost sync at byte 1
Synaptics driver resynced.
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on synaptics-pt/serio0
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0

When I highlight text and go to paste it by pressing both buttons at the
same time it only works 10% of the time. The majority of the time it
fails (don't paste anything).

When it fails, if I immediately press just the left mouse button about
1/2 the time it will paste.

I don't know if this is recent or not as I just recently started using
2.6 full time and I haven't used all the revisions.

Dax Kelson