ACPI problems (was: Re: Synaptics PS/2 driver and 2.6.0-test11)

From: Lukas Hejtmanek
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 17:01:17 EST

Hello,

I've found that problem with synaptics is really related to some ACPI troubles.
I've suspected synaptics touchpad to do some interrupt bursts and it does.
Just single button press and relelase generates about 500 interrupts!!! I wonder
if it is driver related or really hardware related...

I've found that modem driver (slamr module for built in soft modem) suffers from
the same problem. Gnome battery stat applet freezes connection.

However with 2.4.23 kernel is all OK. So it seems to be something broken with
ACPI.

I remind that gnome battery stat applet causes many lost interrupts. (Interrupt
timeout in i8042.c)

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek