Re: SUCCESS Re: 2.6.0-test11-mm1

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 17:01:07 EST

Hi, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Matthias Urlichs:
>> [ -mm1 success story ]

>> If somebody _really_ needs to know, I can try to binary-search for the
>> patch that's responsible, but it'd take a month to find out anything
>> conclusive
>
> It would be good to even get a "good hint", even if it won't be
> conclusive.

I'll try to narrow it down somewhat. Unfortunately, the nature of binary
search is so that even if I manage to declare half of the patches as
irrelevant, that doesn't help much.

[ time passes while I forgot to send this message ]

Oh happiness. :-/ At least part of the bug (galeon misplaces text) still
exists, as it turns out, though it's a lot harder to trigger with
2.6.0-mm1. Since the galeon thing was usually the first Special Effect to
show up, this may well be two different bugs -- and I'm not ruling out an
application problem.

--
Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- -