Re: is it possible to have a kernel module with a BSD license?!

From: Ryan Anderson
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 10:32:39 EST

[snipping a bit to keep this succint]

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 03:51:02PM +0100, Helge Hafting wrote:
> > About:
> > This project provides a kernel module which provides 3rd-party
> > applications with an interface for file access control. It was
> > originally developed for on-access virus scanning. Other uses include a
>
> "On access" seems to be exactly the wrong moment for a virus check -
> that way you are getting the check delay at the worst moment, when
> the user actually want to use the file.
>
> Consider doing virus checking on write only, viruses spread
> only at that time.

So, when I stick my nicely virus infected floppy/cdrom/etc into your
machine, and your write-only virus scan gets disabled by my module
patching virus...

So, when I stick my nicely virus infected floppy/cdrom/etc into your
machine, and your write-only virus scan gets disabled by the module
the virus loads...

--

Ryan Anderson
sometimes Pug Majere