Re: OSS sound emulation broken between 2.6.0-test2 and test3

From: Henrik Storner
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 16:58:39 EST

In <1072544151.8611.18.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Edward Tandi <ed@xxxxxxxx> writes:

>I would say the symptoms are that the music starts playing OK bit after
>a short period (18-19 seconds), the music changes overall speed (by a
>semi-tone or so). When it does this, the sound also starts to break up.

Just a "me too" post - I've been trying out 2.6.0 over the past couple
of days, and this is the only real issue I've encountered. Just like
you describe, the pace of the music playing speeds up slightly, and
there are some mis-sounds for a few seconds. Then it comes back to
normal.

>It could be a driver issue. FYI, I am using a VIA KT400 chipset.

Could be. I have the same chipset (KT400A, actually).

--
Henrik Storner