Re: 2.6.0 sound output - wierd effects

From: Stan Bubrouski
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 23:51:12 EST

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 18:59, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> I'll play with it - should narrow things down. However, fundamentally,
> it used to work in 2.5.74, and is broken as of test3 ... that strongly
> implies to me there's a kernel problem. I'd rather fix OSS emulation
> if possible, and save everybody migrating to 2.6 from this pain ... ;-)

Please do, while it would be nice if OSS could be dropped altogether
there are a great many commercial and closed source apps that we all
need and only currently work with OSS. For example flash player for
linux and real player, not to mention a myrid of open source apps that
have yet to move to ALSA support. Right now its virtually impossible to
live with a kernel with no OSS for people like me who require use of
these apps on a daily basis.

-sb