XFS filesystem corruption: 2.6.0. Massive failure. With raid5

From: Jerry Haltom
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 02:51:28 EST

This has happened twice now. Massive XFS file system corruption. The
system is running on a 3ware card in Raid5 config. / is XFS. Cannot
mount:

XFS: log has mismatchd uuid - can't recover
XFS: failed to find log head
XFS: log mount/recovery/failed

xfs_repair lets me know a lot of stuff, and:

* ERROR: mismathced uuid in log
* SB: some long number
* log: a slightly different long number

It doesn't work.

xfs_logprint -t /dev/sda4 produces a lot of illegal type errors and ends
up with Segmentation fault (uh oh).

I am willing to give an XFS developer access to the machine to poke
around (and fix it!!!) It's just my desktop at home, not a big deal. But
I have a ton of large files i'd like to recover. :)

I could fix it by forcing hte logs clean, that is what I did the first
time this happened. However, I lost a lot of files last time, and this
shouldn't happen. So here it is for you guys. I am hanging out in #xfs
on irc.freenode.net if anybody wants to check it out.

Jerry Haltom
Feedback Plus, Inc.