Re: reiser4 breaks vmware

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 17:16:48 EST

Nikita Danilov <Nikita@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Exactly. I included it into core.diff by mistake.
> Revert it: http://www.namesys.com/snapshots/2003.12.23/broken-out/do_mmap2-fix.diff.patch

There seem to be some other unnecessary patches in there, like
init_fixmap_vma.diff.patch. I cannot imagine why a file system should
need to change that. Same with spinlock-owner.diff.patch. Is that
really needed? If yes porting it to all architectures will be a lot of
work.

I would suggest separating your debug patches, like page-owner.diff.patch

And your webserver is misconfigured: I thinks READ.ME is a troff
document.

The other changes look reasonable, although a lot of the EXPORT_SYMBOLs
should be probably EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL and carry some more comments about
their purpose.

-Andi