RE: linux kernel scheduler

From: Pacheco Jason NPRI
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 12:12:40 EST

> Is there any document or book where I can
> find this kind of information ?

I recently purchased "Linux Kernel Development" by Robert Love. I
haven't finished it yet, but so far I would give it great reviews.
It has a very simple style and is easy to understand. The book solely
covers the 2.6 kernel and explains where it differentiates from the
earlier kernels. Chapter 3 is dedicated to Scheduling and will
give you all the information you need as far as how the 2.6 kernel
does scheduling. For the 2.4 kernel there is plenty of documentation
available on that already.