Re: 2.6.0-mm1

From: GCS
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 05:15:17 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 05:11:31AM +0200, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would be appreciated if people who have
> significant patches in -mm could retest please.
It seems I can write CDs on my laptop now. AFAICR I was last trying it on
test8, but it was the same: if the image is over ~400Mb, the machine
freezes hard. If it's shorter, then it's ok, but still some lock or sth
is not unlocked, as the CPU is used more and more about five secs by one
or two percent. Sooner or later it's crashed as well, but I could
restart the machine before that happened. Rebooting to 2.4.2x and
writing CDs there was working all the time.
So I do not know if it's fixed since test8, or in 2.6.0-mm1, but I am
happy with it. Also, I have two problems with 2.6.0-mm1:
- I can not deselect CONFIG_SCSI, only module or built-in available.
Maybe something is depend on it, but could not figure out what (no
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI, nothing is selected under CONFIG_SCSI).
- I have a synaptics touchpad, which is detected correctly, but only
works if I set psmouse_noext=1. Under vanilla 2.6.0 it still works this
way, but with 2.6.0-mm1 it works only on the console, but not under
XFree86. Strange, as gpm interprets the input and pipes thru gpmdata
to XFree86 4.3.0. Any idea what broke this configuration?

Thanks,
GCS