Re: linux-2.6.0 kernel distribution non-world-readable files

From: Thomas Zehetbauer
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 20:11:38 EST

When you unpack the tar as an unprivileged user you get ownership of the
files and can compile. root on the other hand should have a restrictive
umask setting so you would need to chmod anyways. However I find myself
typing "chown -R 0.0 .; chmod -R u=rwX,go=rX ." quite often so I would
appreciate some kind of a (set|fix)perms target.

Tom

--
T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Success is, when there is only one opponent left: yourself