aacraid issues

From: Yaroslav Klyukin
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 18:21:09 EST

I have very strange aacraid behavior:
First of all, I know, that aacraid support is experimental, but maybe the issue is related to something else in the kernel.

I have AMD Opteron system with 10 scsi disks, connected to Adaptec 2200S controller, constituting about 1.2TB in total.

I can boot with 2.4.22 kernel, compiled for Xeon, into RedHat 9
(32 bit mode). aacraid version 1.1.2. The raid works great.

Then I boot into SuSE Linux 9 for the Opterons, with 2.4.23 kernel.
aacraid version 1.1-3.

Seems to work, but when I try to access blocks close to the end of the RAID, I am getting I/O errors.

Any ideas?
Where can I get the latest patches for the aacraid driver?

Just tried 2.6.0 kernel with patches for Opteron, but as soon as it starts working with Adaptec controller, it crashes miserably... :-(