Re: SCO's infringing files list

From: Mitchell Blank Jr
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 13:46:46 EST

Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Well, it's been recompressed with gzip, but it's here (among other places):
> ftp://ftp.uni-kassel.de/Mirrors/prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu/glibc/glibc-2.2.2.tar.gz

No, we're looking for the pre-glibc-2 versions. In the early days of linux
the "libc" version was kept in sync with the gcc it was meant to go with.
So although (IIRC) the early linux libc was forked from GNU's libc it had
its own version numbering. It wasn't until years later that the big merge
back to glibc happened (1997 or so).

I don't think you'll find any of the old linux libc-2.x.x releases on GNU's
site.

-Mitch