Re: [ANNOUNCE] AEM v0.5.3 on kernel 2.6.0

From: Frederic Rossi
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 02:39:26 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Frederic Rossi wrote:
> >
> > AEM (Asynchronous Event Mechanism) is an extension providing a native
> > support for asynchronous events in the Linux kernel.
>

> The kernel already supports this,

this? you mean crossing the kernel to user space right?

> via netlink.

I can imagine many ways to solve "this", netlink, write data
to the file system, /proc or whatever system calls (read ()?)

For this specific part AEM is using a memory based scheme.
Unless you have something very specific in mind, I don't see
how netlink could be of any help to solve the problem efficiently.

> Jeff

Frederic