Re: user problem with usb duo mouse and keyboard

From: Raul Miller
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 18:30:47 EST

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 12:00:42AM +0100, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
> hid-core.c includes hid.h, which in turn, if DEBUG is defined, includes
> hid-debug.h. That last file defines some functions (hid_dump_input,
> hid_dump_device), which are called by hid-core.c.
> This is the problem! Don't ever use usbkbd and usbmouse. Use hid
> instead.

Oh!

And, looking at the docs on those modules, I see nice big warnings that
say something similar...

Looking further, these modules where build and installed by default
when I installed my system (debian, with the 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel), and
I've been carrying forward that configuration on my hand-built kernels,
and never realized I needed to get rid of those modules.

I see the hid-debug messages in syslog now, but the keyboard and mouse
are working properly as well. Do you want to pursue this any further?
[If so, I can send you the messages.]

[It's perhaps of note that the extra keys on the keyboard are reported
as scancode 0 by showkey (with other release scan codes) when plugged
in via usb and which have different keypress scan codss when plugged as
a ps/2 keyboard.]

[[There's a slight chance that [to avoid confused messages from other
people in my situation] a warning message from hid about usbkbd and
usbmouse would be a good idea.]]

Thank you very much.

Sorry about the confusion,

--