minor e1000 bug

From: Ethan Weinstein
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 03:37:25 EST

I've noticed that the e1000 driver does not update the counters in
/proc/net/dev as quickly as several other drivers I've tried, such as
e100 (both the Becker driver, and Intel's), sk90lin, and 3c59x. These
drivers seem to update the counters in a very timely fashion while the
e1000 driver doesn't seem to update them for several seconds. This is
apparent in 2.6.0, and 2.4.xx. Is there an update interval that might be
modified within the driver to fix this? It screws up realtime bandwidth
measurements for these cards.

-Ethan