Re: psmouse synchronization loss under load

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 23:02:41 EST

On Friday 19 December 2003 09:26 pm, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <20031220015131.GB9834@xxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> > On a Dell laptop whenever I run a program that takes the full CPU, my
> > mouse pointer goes insane and thrashes my X session every few
> > minutes.
>
> On my older system with 2.6.0 kernel i have currently this problem,
> whenever APM tries to suspend the system. It will log that it was busy
> (screen shortly gets black) and after that the genius ps2 mouse behaves
> like you expected. Unplugging it helps.

You might want to give my input patches a try. Although they unlikely to fix
the problem that you can't suspend they should correctly restore keyboard
and mouse (PS/2) on resume (both APM and new suspend methods supported)
and I am very interested in results.

The patches are at http://www.geocities.com/dt_or/input
They are against -test11 but I think will apply to 2.6.0-final.

Dmitry