Re: Linux Device Drivers 3rd Edition

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 21:04:19 EST

Jon,

A map is a published reference how to move around. So yes it does give a
right to use knowledge from the information expressed. If there was not a
reference a manual to kernel programming, then the source is the sole
manual. Now given the volital nature of the moving API, regardless of
reason, any judge would likely veiw that active movement as an attempt to
thwart the successful production of a "3rd Party" manual.

This does not even include all the published referneces of changes deemed
as publish manuals in all the mailing list archieves.

On a side note, why doesn't LWN bother to investigate cases of known and
provable GPL violations.

I wish you well on the sales of the book, and I will by a copy this time
to catch up on what I have forgotten.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group