Re: 2.6-test11 framebuffer Matrox

From: nick black
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 11:29:00 EST

In article <200312190314.13138.schwientek@xxxxxx>, Steffen Schwientek wrote:
> My Matrox-framebuffer is not working properly. Build direct into the
> kernel, the monitor will be black with some stripes at startup, just the
> reset button works.
> Build as a modules, the same happens if I load the module.

I've managed to get my AGP G400 working in the following setups under
2.6.0 since -test7:

with Petr's patch, reverting to 2.4 interfaces:
video=matroxfb:vesa:0x1bb gives me a great fbcon. I can either use
X's fbdev driver at the same resolution, or the mga driver at any
resolution, with no problems.

without Petr's patch:
video=matroxfb:vesa:0x1bb gives me a great fbcon. I can only use
X's fbdev driver at the same resolution; the mga driver at any
resolution causes massive console corruption upon switching from X to
console and causing any screen changes. Also, I get a large white
block underneath the logo on boot.

--
nick black <dank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"np: nondeterministic polynomial-time