samba problems

From: Lee Robbins
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 23:40:49 EST

I'm having a weird problem since upgrading to kernel 2.6, I have 2
drives mounted through samba but if the samba machine goes down for a
reboot and then comes back I can no longer ls the dir that has the dir's
i am using for the mount points. I have to manually unmount and remount
to be able to ls or do anything in that directory. I can't browse for
files with xine either. It's like the machine going down freezes that
directory.

With 2.4.21 the machine with the samba shares would go down for reboot
(windows gaming machine) and I could ls in the directory (home/username/
which would contain /home/username/share1 etc..) and browse with xine
etc..

I'm running gentoo linux 1.4 with 2.6test11