Re: Lockup with 2.6.0

From: Sergio Aguayo
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 21:22:45 EST

I had the same problem under 2.4.x (from 9 to 23). The problem was my old TNT2 (even when using VESA framebuffer), which was a little bit damaged.

Sergio Aguayo

szonyi calin wrote:

Hi
Bad news (with 2.6.0)

I was writing a cd (with ide-atapi) and downloading something on dial-up and when i switched desks (screens) in fvwm a hard lockup occured (X froze, dial up link froze (the leds on
the modem didn't blinked anymore) and i could't use alt + SysRQ
also). I had to press the reset button :-(

kernel config, dmesg and program versions attached

Bye
Calin

=====
--
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
Kim Alm on a.s.r.