Re: 2.6.0 keyboard not working

From: Sebastian Benoit
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 12:34:42 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo(zwane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on 2003.12.18 11:30:27 +0000:

> Thanks Lennert, could you try without CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G, perhaps just
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G, how much memory in the system? dmesg also would be nice.

I had exactly the same symptoms (Unknown key pressed, scrolling) with a
Cherry PS/2 keyboard an a PS/2 mouse, starting with 2.6.0-test6 (i think).
The mouse also stopped working.

Unfortunatly it was a heisenbug - every time i tried to find out what caused
the problem (there where drivers/input/mouse* - changes at that time) the
problem disapeared. I then exchanged the mouse for a USB-type and the
problem disappeared completly.

/B.
--
Sebastian Benoit <benoit-lists@xxxxxxx>
My mail is GnuPG signed -- Unsigned ones are bogus -- http://www.gnupg.org/

Konzepte sind Kokolores. -- Erich Ribbeck