Re: Not able to load megaraid module after kernel upgrade from 2.4.9-e2 to 2.4.9-e25

From: Matt Domsch
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 12:31:07 EST

> Hello I am running dell Power Edge 12600, with Firmware 1.68,
> I have a Perc 4/Si RAID Controller BIOS version 1.04 FW 2.27 (the last
> version)
> When starting up, the bios can recognize the disk array with no problem, the
> server starts booting OK, but when it gets to load the megaraid module, it
> brakes:

The Linux-PowerEdge@xxxxxxxx list may be more appropriate for this
type of question. Subscribe at http://lists.us.dell.com/.

For the Red Hat kernel you mention, you want /etc/modules to list the
megaraid_2002 driver, not plain megaraid. Then remake your initial
ramdisk such that the megaraid_2002 driver gets picked up and used at
next boot.

Thanks,
Matt

--