Re: Can't wait for '2.8 or 3.0',or maybe: 2.8 followed by 2.10 ??

From: bill davidsen
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 11:38:49 EST

In article <00a501c3c564$fd4a91f0$0e25fe0a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Maciej Soltysiak <solt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > I think we should consider introduce a policy of having .*beaver.*
| > names for each 2.6.x release, and maybe drop the version numbers
| > altogether during 2.7.
| How about a naming policy of something going along this:
| Stag (2.2)
| Wolfling (2.4)
| Beaver (2.6)
| Rooster (2.7)
| Ostrich (2.8)
| Sharkey (2.9)
| Cheetah (3.0)
|
| And all having names of animals. Like in Croatia, their local currency
| has only pictures of animals and plants on the bills and coins.

The stable releases should have the names of nice non-threatening
herbivores, like beaver, and the development trees should have names of
omnivores. Subreleases can have an adjective prepended, like singing,
dancing, horny, constipated... well, maybe someone else should do the
naming of subversions ;-)

A good job by any name.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>