Re: 2.6.0-test11-mm1

From: Thomas Molina
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 22:27:07 EST

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Christian Axelsson <smiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Andrew Walrond wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 17 Dec 2003 9:43 am, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > > What are your intentions with -mm when you take over 2.6? Is any of -mm
> > > getting into 2.6 before 2.6.0 release? Is it mainly queued for 2.6.1?
>
> We'll start merging it up after 2.6.0. It'll be quite a lot of work,
> actually - a lot of things have been parked in -mm for some time and may
> not have had sufficiently wide testing, especially on non-i386. I need to
> ask the originators and others to re-review and retest some things.
>
> > I would like to know aswell :)
> > Will you be "bleeding edge" maintainer aswell or will that be handed
> > over to someone else?
>
> I guess I'll keep -mm going until there's a reason not to.

Quite frankly I am becoming concerned about the number of patches that are
queued for post 2.6.0. It is beginning to look like 2.6.0 might be nice
and quiet while 2.6.1+ are going to be quite messy as all the things "on
hold" get put in.

I'm going to do my part by pounding heavily on -mm kernels since that
appears where all this is ending up.