Re: modules in 2.6.0-test11

From: Steve Youngs
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 01:38:30 EST

|--==> "a" == alexis <alexis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

a> The kernel works fine, all modules too but i have to insert them
a> with insmod or modprobe, i cannot make that modules became loaded
a> automatically.

Edit '/etc/modprobe.conf' and change "alias char-major-<major> foo" to
you can't determine the minor number.

The modules themselves are supposed to export these chardev aliases, which
will obsolete the entries in '/etc/modprobe.conf', but as yet only one or
two actually do this. I have patches that fix most of the serial drivers
and right now I'm working my way through './drivers/char/'. But I haven't
yet sent them in.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
| Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. |