Re: Initio SCSI Drivers

From: RunNHide
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 01:21:13 EST

okay - built reiserfs directly into the kernel rather than as a module - system now boots - initio driver loads (though the system hangs for a second or two while loading) but seems to be working - weird problem though - when playing an audio cd, I only get sound from the right channel - cd works fine in my ide cdrom drive - don't know if this has anything to do with the initio driver or not - will do more testing - thanks for your help Mike.

RunNHide

Okay - patched the kernel (thanks Mike) - as far as I can tell, it built cleanly - however (comma) now I'm getting a kernel panic at boot - "unable to mount /dev/hdc1" which is my / partition - attaching my .config - also am using initrd and reiserfs - any tips, hints, suggestions anyone?

RunNHide wrote:

Can anyone help out? Tried building 2.6.0-test11 today and, lo and behold, noticed the support for my Initio SCSI card has been removed -

Could you try this patch http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=107118845311085&w=2

Thanks,

Mike Christie
mikenc@xxxxxxxxxx