Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found

From: Bob
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 22:08:03 EST

cheuche+lkml@xxxxxxx wrote:

...................If you experience crashes with apic and your bios does not have such

option, try athcool at
http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/jacobi/linux/softwares.html
Its purpose is to *enable* cpu disconnect but can also disable it. Your
best bet is to run it to disable cpu disconnect the soonest possible at
boot.

On the other hand, it isn't the cause of IRQ7 rogue interrupts. As I
initially suspected, it seems now totally unrelated. The ACPI override
handling may be buggy ? Since putting back the timer on IO-APIC-edge
solves it.

Nevertheless this is still a problem, other chipsets for Athlon
processors seems to be able to have cpu disconnect and ioapic enabled
without any crashes. But so far I don't see any thermal differences, I'm
happy with that.

Mathieu

I presently have /proc/interrupts
0: 244393560 XT-PIC timer

but when I tried nvnet driver and onboard
ethernet I think I saw both IRQ7 disabled
and some 8259A spurious interrupt err.

Presently there is no grep timer or TIMER
or 8259A in logs. 8259A has to do with
IO-APIC timer? It would make sense that
nvnet would see apic and lapic on in bios
and linux and look for io-apic timer as
well as apic table, then fail confused.

Is there a link to that patch? I keep deleting
this list it's huge so I lost a patch in a message.

-Bob