RE: Creating a page struct for HIGHMEM pages

From: Amir Hermelin
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 12:57:53 EST

Thanks William.
I may be missing something a little more basic: I have a contiguous physical
memory area (IO memory), and I want to manage it with struct pages. If I'm
to write to the page I need to kmap it, therefore (as I understand it) I
need to zero the ->virtual field. What I don't understand is how, given
the struct page I've allocated and filled out, is the page correlated with
the correct physical memory. Where do I put the information that struct
page X points to physical address Y, so that when I kmap(X) I get a virtual
address pointing to Y?

Thanks,
Amir.