Re: 2.6.0-preX causes memory corruption

From: Ali Akcaagac
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 15:32:20 EST

Hello,

Around 2 weeks ago I made a bugreport about strange memory corruption
which have occoured with Kernel 2.6.0-pre9/10 on my system. As I told I
verified this problem on 2 different machines and today I wanted to give
feedback as I promised.

I was busy with private stuff for a couple of days and wasn't able to
check this any closer. Today I detected that even with PREEMPT DISABLED
in 2.6.0-pre11 the problem still exists. E.g. when unpacking some
tar.bz2 files I still get the message thrown out that there is a problem
and after reset the problem is gone. As reference I give you my previous
email to this list:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.3/0386.html

And another one which I think may (or may not) be related to this:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0311.3/0122.html

Again, this has problem exists on my old hardware as on my brand new
hardware. So basically 2 different plattforms.

Please CC to me.