Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?

From: Josh McKinney
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 03:27:15 EST

On approximately Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:52:40AM +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:
> Ok.. I decided I would try the patch out.. here are the results:

[snip]

I tried it out too since doing some greps after 3 days uptime crashed
it again. Guess I am not so lucky. So far so good with the new
patch, timer is using apic and no crashes yet, after 30 minutes of
grep's and hdparms. Tried booting with nmi_watchdog=1 and got this:

...trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ...
..... (found pin 0) ...works.
activating NMI Watchdog ... done.
testing NMI watchdog ... CPU#0: NMI appears to be stuck!

Going to retry with nmi_watchdog=2 and see if that works.

> Im not getting any NMI counts.. should I use nmi-watchdog=1?

[snip]

--
Josh McKinney | Webmaster: http://joshandangie.org