Re: Serial ATA (SATA) for Linux status report

From: Mickael Marchand
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 12:44:23 EST

Hi,

as I was too impatient, I wrote a quick hack for it.
Now I can see my drives on the 3114 controller.
RAID does not seem to work but I can access my SATA drives in normal mode.

hdparm gives a 57 Mb/s output.
I had no error/crash/corruption, it appears to work correctly.

It works on 2.4.23 and 2.6.0-test11 with libata.
basically, you just need to add the PCI id for 3114 just like 3112 in
sata_sil.c, load the module and enjoy.
I presume 3112 and 3114 chips are mostly identical.

I have tested this on 2 Tyan motherboards with Sil 3114 inside

I can generate a patch in a few moments if you want it.

cheers,
Mik