Re: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)

From: Pat Erley
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 08:29:47 EST

I'm going to add my AMD/Nvidia IDE experiences as well as my current nforce2 experience.

Firstly, aside from the forcedeth module vs. nvnet hacked, I have never even known of problems with nforce2 systems. I have a shuttle mn31/n (micro ATX) and I can use firewire, ide hd running udma5, ide cd running udma2, and the only thing I can do to crash/hang the system is to force unload a module. It's running apic, lapic, acpi quite happily, no preempt, run every test since around 2.5.75.

noteing that. I have to run my FSB underclocked by 1 mhz.

my cpu claims to be an xp2400(133/266fsb) but I run it at 132/264. It was hanging/rebooting due to heat.

my other system (a little off topic here) is a dual athlon athlon-mp tyan thunder k7 system. will NOT run with apic and the amd ide driver.

pat erley