HPT366 not booting with 2.6.0tests

From: Rahsheen Porter Sr.
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 16:10:12 EST

I've been trying to get one of the 2.6.0-test kernels to work for a
while now and have been having no luck.

Latest attempt was that I compiled 2.6.0-test11. I compiled in
ext3 and HPT366/37. My root partition is /dev/hde1 and is ext3. The
kernel boots and recognizes the HPT366 controller just fine, but it
doesn't actually ackknowledge ide2 and ide3 as it should. It only sees
ide0 and ide1. This results in a kernel panic:

Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(33,1)

This has been working fine with 2.4.20. I tried coping the .config
directly and doing "make oldconfig". I've started from scratch. I've
toyed with booting off-board chipsets first (which doesn't seem to apply
anyway), and I'm just stumped at this point. Any ideas?

this is an Abit BP6 dual Celeron system.
/dev/hda is ide-cdrom (seen at boot)
/dev/hdb is ide-scsi zip-drive
/dev/hdc is ide-scsi cdwriter (seen at boot)
/dev/hdd is an ide-disk
/dev/hde is an ide-disk

(attached is my .config)

Thanks in advance for any help. :)