RE: Extremely slow network with e1000 & ip_conntrack

From: Feldman, Scott
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 12:38:52 EST

> Is it not supported by the hardware? Seems TSO could improve
> performance a bit since the 1000/MT Desktop is starved for
> PCI bandwidth at 32-bit/33MHz.

TSO is support on 82540. Turning off TSO is a workaround, but what's
behind the dependency of TSO and ip_conntrack? You indicated in an
earlier note that having the ip_conntrack module loaded was a factor.
Do you have a nic to try with tg3? I believe tg3 has TSO enabled as
well (in 2.6.0-test11).

-scott