RE: PROBLEM: Corrupt files with kernel 2.6.0_test11 and smb mounts

From: Daniel Flinkmann
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 14:44:41 EST

I have rebuild the kernel several times to check if I can get my kernel
running with SMB like Kieran, but no luck up to now.

I found following Warning which concerns me:

[...]

CC fs/smbfs/inode.o
fs/smbfs/inode.c: In function `smb_fill_super':
fs/smbfs/inode.c:554: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
fs/smbfs/inode.c:555: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
CC fs/smbfs/file.o
CC fs/smbfs/ioctl.o
CC fs/smbfs/getopt.o
CC fs/smbfs/symlink.o
CC fs/smbfs/smbiod.o
CC fs/smbfs/request.o
LD fs/smbfs/smbfs.o
LD fs/smbfs/built-in.o
[...]

Please help me ... even if you just know who I should ask in that question.

cheers,

daniel