Re: [2.6] Missing L2-cache after warm boot

From: Jochen Hein
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 12:47:47 EST

Ian Hastie <ianh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> No faster machine to compile on?

An Mini-ITX with 550MHz isn't that much faster (but very quiet).

> Still think this isn't a kernel problem anyway.

That's my current guess too.

>> For now the system seems to be fine, even when starting from Win2k via
>> BIOS reboot. Hmpf.
>
> Annoying. Can you think of anything you might have done with Windows 2000, eg
> programme run or device used, that you haven't done when testing?

I won't have time this week, maybe next. What concerns my is that
-test11 locks the machine hard after an hour or so (nmi-watchdog
doesn't say anything), but 2.4 seems to be stable. Since I need a
stable machine next week I'll stay with 2.4 for now and come back
later.

Jochen

--
#include <~/.signature>: permission denied