Re: Linux 2.4 future

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 04:13:04 EST

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 15:32, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:39:52 -0500

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
Its not your emails (as Linus) to nvidia that will fix that, but a
concerted effort, emailing them for a resolution from everyone who
owns one of their products _might_ eventually make a difference.

Make the difference yourself: don't buy such products. I stopped
some time ago and I am very happy with _my choice_, not relying on
theirs'.

So what are you using? And how does it work, at least for a non-gamer?

I have a matrox G550. Not known for the best 3D performance,
but it is good enough for tuxracer which is my heaviest 3D app.
It is supposed to be good at 2D.

It should be fine for a non-gamer, one of the things matrox does well
is a nice sharp flicker-free picture. (A feature that don't require
any os support either!) The picture is certainly better than the
radeon I use at work, that one has some flickering in high-frequency
images such as the default X background.

Helge Hafting