Selecting CPU frequency on Asus P4M laptop

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 10:47:08 EST

I have an Asus M2E laptop with a 1.8 GHz P4M CPU. Using the 'acpi'
cpufreq driver, I can select between 1.8 GHz and 1.2 GHz, thereby
changing the power consumption. If I boot the machine with the AC
adapter disconnected, it starts off at 1.2 GHz. After that, I can
lower it to 800 MHz using cpufreq. In short, cpufreq will be able to
choose among one of two pairs of frequencies, which depend on the
status of the AC adapter at boot time.

Is there any way to change which of these will be used after booting?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx