Re: dm patchset to remove the v1 interface

From: Joe Thornber
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 08:23:26 EST

Hi Lars,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 01:59:55PM +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> what is the status of the multipath personality for DM?

Heinz has written a target for 2.4, see:

people.sistina.com/~thornber/pending-patches/2.6-unstable/multipath

I've been looking at this and changing it a bit as it moves to 2.6.

We've provided an abstraction for a 'path selector' object, so people
can plug in their own selection policies (as discussed in Ottawa).
Currently there is a priority based round-robin selector, a latency
selector (dubious IMO) and I want to do a simple 'throughput
optimiser' selector.

Keep an eye on my unstable 2.6 tree which can be found via:

people.sistina.com/~thornber/

Currently this tree has experimental targets for:

snapshots
mirroring (just enough for pvmove ATM)
multipath
flakey (simple test target I'm using for multipath dev)

The LVM tools are at the design phase wrt. multipath.

- Joe