Re: md/raid devices don't show up in /proc/partitions in 2.6 :-(

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 05:47:00 EST

On 2003-11-27T11:15:10,
Neil Brown <neilb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> I just noticed that md devices do not show up in /proc/partitions in
> 2.6.

Using /proc/partitions for finding the existing block devices /
partitions does seem to be kind of obsolete, as sysfs exports all of
this information too?

So, if anything, I'd drop the confusing redundancy and kill
/proc/partitions - the names there may have little resemblance to how
udev (et al) chose to name the device node in the filesystem anyway.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
High Availability & Clustering \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs | try again. fail again. fail better.