Announce: "iswraid" (ICH5R) ataraid sub-driver for 2.4.22

From: Kannanthanam, Boji T
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 20:17:43 EST

All:

Attached to this email is a patch for a new ataraid sub-driver "iswraid"
(Intel Software RAID) for Kernel 2.4 series. The patch is taken against
Kernel 2.4.22.

The driver (along with the ata_piix driver) can be used with Intel's
ICH5R chipset. You will need the Option ROM to do RAID configuration.
This driver differs slightly from the other ataraid sub-drivers in that
it operates on SCSI block devices rather than the ATA/IDE ones.
"iswraid" depends on "ata_piix" driver to detect and load the SATA disks
connected to ICH5R. Note that the driver is still considered
experimental, use at your own risk.

Thanks to Arjan van de Ven (ataraid), Jeff Garzik (ata_piix) and James
Bottomley (scsi) for patiently answering my questions.

FYI: ata_piix patch for 2.4.22:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

Feel free to email me your feedback/comments on the driver or if you
need more info.

Thanks,
-Boji
Boji Tony Kannanthanam