RE: New model of SanDisk compact flash not working

From: gmlinux
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 05:05:48 EST

Michael,

The original SanDisk I checked passed 100%, it has been running in the
field now for about 6 months without any hassles. It is just this new
model that they have released.
The major problem is I have a release in about 2 weeks, which means I do
not have time to do testing on a new product, and we cannot get any of
the older versions.

hdc=flash is used to make the kernel scan for a slave when it detects a
flash disk. We are already using this option because we have two
SanDisks on the same bus, master and slave.

I thought IDE was a standard that a single driver would work with all
devices? I cannot understand how a new controller (if it really does
conform to the standards), cannot work.
It is working a little, because it responds to all the ATA interface
commands and returns readable information if you for example query the
status. Also, the kernel does detect the SANDISK CFB info string
correctly on boot.

Regards
Garth