Re: Announce: ndiswrapper

From: Jason Lunz
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 11:48:10 EST

jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx said:
> Who brought binary drivers into this? And when I have ever advocated
> binary drivers?
>
> ndiswrapper has one use IMHO (which was pointed out me in this
> thread)... to assist in reverse engineering.

That may be your intention, but as soon as cards exist that can only be
made to work with ndis-wrapped drivers, you can be sure that the masses
won't wait for the reverse-engineering to be completed. So all the
nvidia-video-type problems _will_ start showing up in a big population
of laptops and such too.

Jason